Member since 1983
- Promotion of quality and safety in all areas of activity of its members
- Promotion of high quality remedies supply the pharmaceutically managed by its members institutions
- Promoting the transfer of expertise
- Promotion of technical cooperation among its members with each other and with third parties
- Promotion of research in hospital pharmacy and office
- Promotion of scientific, interdisciplinary exchange of experiences with representatives of the same and related fields at home and abroad
- Ensuring the training and further training in hospital pharmacy and office
- Representation and preservation of scientific and professional interests of the official and hospital pharmacy in all the relevant institutions for them, regulatory bodies, stakeholders and the general public
GSASA represents 600 members, among which 420 pharmacists working in 58 hospital pharmacies within Switzerland.
A 3-year specialisation programme which leads to a specialist’s title in hospital pharmacy covers all the aspects and activities of hospital pharmacies, in particular:
- Theoretical part (min 400 hrs): management, production, purchase & logistics, pharmaceutical services and personal skills;
- Practical part (min 500 hrs);
- Research project (approx 6 months).
This postgraduate education is accredited by the Swiss Confederation.
In addition to the specialisation in hospital pharmacy, a shorter and more specific postgraduate program exists in clinical pharmacy.
More information (in German and French) are available under:
Address: GSASA, Schweizerischer Verein Der Amts- Und Spitalapotheker, Bern, 3000, Switzerland
Tel: + 41 84 804 72 72