Member since 1973
Hospital pharmacists in Austria
- To represent the interests of hospital pharmacy and professional interests of hospital pharmacists to the government and other organisations
- To promote co-operation and good relations among its members
- To encourage a new generation of pharmacists
- To engage and maintain in public relations
- To foster international contacts
- To promote scientific research
AAHP represents 362 hospital pharmacists working in 37 hospital pharmacies in Austria.
In Austria it is possible, but not mandatory to complete the Weiterbildung zum Krankenhausfachapotheker to improve hospital pharmacy practice. This 3 year course is conducted at the place of work and also requires at least 240 hours of additional study in areas including management, production and clinical pharmacy. Each area consists of 1-3 day seminars on hospital pharmacy relevant issues (e.g. team building, communication, controlling etc. as sub-topics in the management area)
More information can be found on the AAHP website, in the document entitled Hospital Pharmacy in Europe (2000) and the EAHP Austrian highlights presentation in Vienna (2011).
Address: Spitalgasse 31, P.o. box 85, 1091 Vienna, Austria
Tel: + 43 01 404 14 400
Fax: + 43 01 404 14 414