Countdown to the 24th EAHP Congress
15 March 2019
- Join the 24th Congress of the EAHP from 27 to 29 March 2019 in Barcelona, Spain.
- Participate in the Synergy Satellite programme to learn more about the latest developments in the field of biosimilar medicines and anticoagulants.
In 12 days, hospital pharmacists from all over the world will come together in Barcelona, Spain to attend the 24th Congress of the European Association of Hospital Pharmacists (EAHP). This annual event is the largest European congress for hospital pharmacists bringing together more than 3400 participants from over 60 different countries.
The 24th Congress of the EAHP is dedicated to the theme: “Personalised Hospital Pharmacy – meeting the needs of every patient”. EAHP’s Scientific Committee has prepared an exciting agenda comprised out of 3 keynotes, 5 Synergy Satellite events as well as 16 different sessions, 4 workshops and 1 interactive session. A special programme – focusing on the rational use of antimicrobial through the implementation of antimicrobial stewardship teams – is foreseen for students and young professionals.
Join the exciting world of OMICS presented by Prof Dr Gerhard Ecker, listen to Dr Jane Carthey’s views on clinical human factors and immerse yourself in Prof Reinhard Busse’s presentation on inequalities in European health systems. In case these 3 innovative keynotes are not enough, join one or all of our five Synergy Satellite events which are addressing the following topics:
- Biosimilars – available yet sometimes missing – the challenge of procurement (sponsored by an education grant from Amgen)
- Anticoagulation – improving efficacy and preventing side effects (sponsored by an education grant from Bayer)
- Biosimilars: challenging misconceptions, optimising uptake, maximising value (financial support was provided by Pfizer Limited as a Medical and Educational Goods and Service)
- Biosimilars in haemato-oncology - new blood, old questions (sponsored by an education grant from Sandoz)
- Facing Brexit and FMD - Is Europe ready for the double “storm”?
Online registration will remain open until Friday, 22nd of March. On-site registration is also possible. The EAHP is looking forward to welcoming in Barcelona from 27th to 29th March.